In this free drum lesson, I have the drum solo from “The Shock Of The Lightning” by Oasis, featuring the drumming of Zak Starkey.
You can see why The Who chose Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr’s son) to play drums with them. Zak is the living embodiment of Keith Moon in his style and soloing. So it’s also no surprise that Oasis chose Zak to play for them as well being Ringo’s son and all! You can really hear Keith Moon’s influence during this drum solo.
There’s not much to say about the solo other than it features a repeating motif that moves across the bars. Zak play a grouping of three notes, two played and one rested and continues with this idea throughout. The sticking is only suggested so feel free to mix the toms up…swap the high for the low etc.
Near the end of the solo Zak starts to build things up with a cool lick that moves around the drums in a circular motion. By the second to last bar he’s accenting the downbeat with the crash cymbal and by the last bar it’s just simple single strokes on the snare drum to take us into the guitar solo. Throughout the whole solo, Zak is pumping out quarter notes on the bass drum.
“The Shock Of The Lightning” (Oasis) – FREE PDF NOTATION
Download and save the free PDF by clicking here – The Shock Of The Lightning (Oasis) Free PDF Drum Chart
Check out more drum lessons for Oasis below…
- “Champagne Supernova” – Mini Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Don’t Look Back In Anger” – Drum Fill Video Drum Lesson
- “Cigarettes And Alcohol” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Don’t Look Back In Anger” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Live Forever” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Rock And Roll Star” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Roll With It” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Supersonic” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Wonderwall” – Full Song Video Drum Lesson
Browse all FREE drum content by clicking HERE.
Alternatively, get access to 100s of FULL-SONG Video Drum Lessons, Song Charts and eBooks by becoming an Online Member below…
Please email email@example.com or contact me through the Contact Form if you have any questions at all.