In this free drum lesson, I have the drum notation for my favourite drum beats from “Ticks And Leeches” by Tool, featuring the drumming of Danny Carey.
Here is yet another example of Danny’s great tom tom work. Creating a groove with layers and melody! Again though, I have done my best to transcribe which toms I think Danny is playing but can never be 100% sure. Feel free to improvise with the orchestration yourself! The hardest part of the groove is really the time signature…the rest is all just singles with the hands and a few basic bass drum hits. Once you have the counting down you shouldn’t have too much difficulty in laying down this groove.
The second drum beat occurs at around 1:09 and uses both ghost notes and open hi-hat parts, creating a sublime groove with texture and layers. The last groove is a variation of the second that differs slightly around beat 6. I wanted to include this variation as I think it shows how a drum part can be transformed with just a few tweeks. Danny is so good at doing this!
“Ticks And Leeches” (Tool) – FREE PDF NOTATION
Download and save the free PDF by clicking here – Ticks And Leeches (Tool) Free PDF Drum Chart
Check out more drum lessons for Tool below…
- “Aenima” – Drum Beat Video Drum Lesson
- “Eulogy” – Drum Beat & Fill Notation Drum Lesson
- “Forty Six & 2” – Drum Solo Notation Drum Lesson
- “Lateralus” – Drum Beat & Fill Notation Drum Lesson
- “Parabola” – Drum Beat Notation Drum Lesson
- “Schism” – Drum Beat Video Drum Lesson
- “Sober” – Drum Beat & Fill Notation Drum Lesson
- “Stinkfist” – Mini Song Video Drum Lesson
- “Stinkfist” – Drum Beat & Fill Notation Drum Lesson
- “The Grudge” – Drum Beat & Fill Notation Drum Lesson
- “The Pot” – Drum Beat Notation Drum Lesson
- “Vicarious” – Drum Beat Video Drum Lesson
Browse all FREE drum content by clicking HERE.
Alternatively, get access to 100s of FULL-SONG Video Drum Lessons, Song Charts and eBooks by becoming an Online Member below…
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the Contact Form if you have any questions at all.